Metaprogramming in D tonight at the NWCPP

Georg Wrede georg.wrede at iki.fi
Mon May 4 03:38:02 PDT 2009

bearophile wrote:
> Arild Boes:
>> Here's the link: http://www.vimeo.com/4333802
>
> Globally is a very nice presentation.
>
> I like how Walter is never putting himself over the people that are
> listening. He is humble and at the same level.

It has to be a gift! Richard Stallman is the opposite, both on podium
and in person. Not good PR for FSF.

> Using html pages with scroll down... uhm, I am not sure I like that
> much.

That hit me too. I've been using PP or OO "just because", never really
thinking. But there are some advantages to using "a straight, long
document".

It's a /lot/ faster to create the presentation. You don't have to split
stuff into screenfulls (or fight with the presentation software!) And
once on stage, scrolling back is way easier and faster! And you can
sroll to exactly where you want, instead of to the nearest screenful.

Heh, now I can say "if it's good enough for Walter Bright on a big butt
guru forum, I can use it, too!"