Slide design

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Mon May 4 10:19:36 PDT 2009

Andrei Alexandrescu:
> Slides are
> limited in size and text content simply because there is so much
> information a person can absorb simultaneously by hearing and seeing.

Of course mammal brains have limits, but such limits are always higher than the amount of information shown in normal slides.

> I've been in Walter's HTML-based talks. Yes, my perception was indeed
> that the talk was not properly prepared, although I knew it was. I have
> no idea why that is, though I can speculate that the scrolling style
> leads to looser presentations as the format does not force one to
> present ideas crisply, one at a time.

I haven't appreciated much the html-based presentation, but probably some compromise can be found between that and the standard information-starved slides.
One problem with Walter's HTML-based talk was the long searching scroll up and down. You can create separated pages in Html too. (in my presentations I usually use pdf pages with a good amount of stuff. OpenOffice is able to output such PDF files too).

Bye,
bearophile