Slide design

superdan super at dan.org
Mon May 4 18:42:32 PDT 2009

Sean Kelly Wrote:

> == Quote from Andrei Alexandrescu (SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org)'s article
> >
> > I don't agree. I think there is much more at work here. Slides are
> > limited in size and text content simply because there is so much
> > information a person can absorb simultaneously by hearing and seeing. So
> > the slide with text is simply an anchor, a high-level memento to rest
> > one's eyes on, while the speaker gives some detail pertaining to the
> > high-level points that the slide makes.
>
> For lectures I basically have a choice between two options:
>
> 1. Take notes and not remember a darn thing that was said.
> 2. Not take any notes and remember the lecture.
>
> I've seen a few raised eyebrows at times, but this is why I never write
> anything down at a meeting or lecture I'm attending--it draws my focus
> away from the material being presented.

yeah da raised brow. fuck that shit. i took a pascal class at motherfuck memorial comm college in b'more. i'd take a front seat & not write shit. teach couldn't tell a lambda from da mole on his face anyway. at the finals i finish first. the mo'fucker is like, 'well giving up already?' gave him mah look "if i didn't need ur fucking grade my ankle would be up yer fucking asshole by now, asshole'. to his credit the mo'fucker had enough decency left to fuckin' apologize. so i tell him he had a bug in problem 4 & went mah way.