Metaprogramming in D tonight at the NWCPP

Georg Wrede georg.wrede at iki.fi
Tue May 5 13:04:20 PDT 2009

Walter Bright wrote:
> BCS wrote:
>> I can't memorize speeches either (OTOH I really like ones where I can
>> read it off a script) what I'd love to have is a power point setup
>> with two screens for me, one with a copy of the projector and one with
>> my notes (in inch high font) and thumbnails of the following slides.

Oh, that should be the default! Since the day the fist laptop came that
shows a 2nd screen (instead of a copy), that should be standard issue
with presentation software.

> I.e. a teleprompter!

Well, yeah. But using them so that the speech still sounds fresh really
requires one to know the speech almost by heart. And a lot of practicing
each speech, with live assistants.