Split digitalmars.D newsgroup into .D and .D2 newsgroups?

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Tue May 12 10:38:03 PDT 2009

Tomas Lindquist Olsen wrote:
> I think it's a great idea, there's some decent arguments that they
> should have more general names, but I like the idea that you'd always
> know which group to look in for specific issues, even when we're at
> D4!

I do have reservations about the idea, based on experience with all the
Digital Mars C++ newsgroups. There are too many, making for rather thin
traffic. It's tedious to check them all for new postings, which means
that that doesn't happen, and new postings often languish as a result.

The main D n.g. gets a lot of action, which feeds on itself. I'm
reluctant to mess with success.