the disadvantage of D currently

zsxxsz zhengshuxin at hexun.com
Thu May 14 19:13:06 PDT 2009

I think D is one excellent programming langauge, but there are some
disadvantage of D currently.
First, there are no one good IDE for D, such as Eclipse for java, MS visual
studio for .net, although there are some IDE for D, but they are all simple
and ugly, so I still write D with vim.
Second, there are no many useful Libs(except the basic Phobos) and server
frameworks written for D, which can speed up our efficiency  of write
application. Although tango has done some works for D1, these aren't enough.
(When I wrote server programs on Unix, I often used one server framework which
were got from Postfix, supporting many server modes).
Third, there are no good application written by D such as Nginx, Squid, BDB,
Postfix, Mysql, Sqlite, Postgresql, Tomcat, Hibenate, Spring, etc.
Fourth, the D2's stablity is also another one, someone maybe say this one is
the reason of all the above, but I don't think we should complain about this
overmuch like tango team. We should all
Of course, all the disadvantages above may be solved in future, these are just
the time problems.
zsxxsz