the disadvantage of D currently

Tim Matthews tim.matthews7 at gmail.com
Fri May 15 04:50:30 PDT 2009

On Fri, 15 May 2009 14:13:06 +1200, zsxxsz <zhengshuxin at hexun.com> wrote:

> First, there are no one good IDE for D, such as Eclipse for java, MS
> visual studio for .net, although there are some IDE for D, but they are
> all simple and ugly

Not sure the status but these are attempts to get D support in eclipse:

http://www.dsource.org/projects/descent
http://www.dsource.org/projects/descent/wiki/Mmrnmhrm

Other ide's include:

http://www.dsource.org/projects/poseidon
http://www.techopinion.net/start/node/6

and few commercial sollutions such as:

http://www.n-brain.net/una_ide.html
http://zeusedit.com/d.html
http://www.slickedit.com/content/view/498/#DLanguageSupport

> Second, there are no many useful Libs(except the basic Phobos) and server
> frameworks written for D, which can speed up our efficiency  of write
> application. Although tango has done some works for D1, these aren't
> enough.

You are very uninformed dsource.org/projects has a lot of usefull libs and
it doesnt take much to wrap or port c++ to D with tools and manuals
available to help you.
http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?PortingOverview
BTW What libraries are you specifically missing and why dont you get your
hands dirty if it means engough to you?

> Third, there are no good application written by D such as Nginx, Squid,
> BDB, Postfix, Mysql, Sqlite, Postgresql, Tomcat, Hibenate, Spring, etc.

You are gona offend alot of people here saying that. Many D apps are very
good. I think D didnt exist when most of those projects there started but
if you just need to interface to them that is very possible already for
the most.

> Fourth, the D2's stablity is also another one, someone maybe say this

It is getting more stable with every release which is very often.

Anyway D.announce is here for annoucements not for moaning and complaints.