Split digitalmars.D newsgroup into .D and .D2 newsgroups?

BLS windevguy at hotmail.de
Fri May 15 10:54:37 PDT 2009

BCS wrote:
> Hello BLS,
>
>> (I think it is not really top secret to talk about what is in use.
>> 1) OCAML, 2) C and 3) ADA ... )
>
> The only surprise there (if any) is OCAML. *Everyone* uses C and, last I
> heard, Ada is still the #1 choice for Bugs==DeadBodiesOrWorse
> development. From what I've heard, it's actually a darn nice language to
> work in if you are going to be doing all the engineering process stuff
> anyway.

Hello BCS :)

http://www.astree.ens.fr/
This is something Walter definitely should read too.

What's the story :

"ASTRÉE is written in Objective Caml and is about 44000 lines long (plus
external libraries). We needed a language with good performance (speed
and memory usage) on reasonable equipment, easy support for advanced
data structures, and type and memory safety. OCaml also allows for
modular, clear and compact source code and makes it easy to work with
recursive structures such as syntax trees"

Björn