D Meeting at Kahili's in Kirkland Saturday at 11

Georg Wrede georg.wrede at iki.fi
Sun May 17 22:57:22 PDT 2009

Walter Bright wrote:
> Georg Wrede wrote:
>> Walter Bright wrote:
>>> For those in town.
>>>
>>> http://www.yelp.com/biz/kahili-coffee-kirkland
>>>
>>> Bring swords, shields, flame-throwers and Nomex.
>>
>> I went there, but saw nobody around.
>>
>> I walked all over Lake and Kirkland, but nobody. I even checked the
>> parking lot at the street end.
>>
>> I love Google.
>
> We were there from 11 to nearly 7 PM. By we I mean myself, Bartosz,
> David, Bill, and Paul, though Bill and Paul were there for only an hour
> or two.

Damn, you should have seen my Google Maps Street View Avatar walking by.
(Not that I know what it looks like.)

The funniest thing is, later I really felt like I'd been there for real.
Tickles the mind.

Combine this, plus Second Life, add Skype, some hardware, and pretty
soon you got yourself a decent kind of telepresence. At this rate,
that's less than five years away. That day I could even talk with you
guys over a cup of coffee. Maybe that's the next step, the next killer
web app.