Serialization for D. Comments, please!

BCS none at anon.com
Tue May 19 22:27:03 PDT 2009

Hello Tim,

> On Wed, 20 May 2009 15:43:16 +1200, BCS <none at anon.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm planning on taking a crack at a Serialization template library
>> and  I'm looking for feed back. My thinking so far is up on my blog
>> here:
>>
>> http://arrayboundserror.blogspot.com/2009/05/serialization-for-d-part
>> -1-of-n.html
>>
>> Please comment! (here or there, doesn't matter, I think I'll see
>> both)
>>
> Have you thought about making a OODB so have the full oo programming
> with  data and functions but the objects can be saved and retrieved in
> a  transactional way?

The target usage is to stuff data structures into file or network streams.
Eventually, I'd like to build a web services lib from this that can serve
proxy an interface with very little code:

/////common:

interface I { ... }
interface J { ... }

/////Server side

class CI : I { ... }
class CJ : J { ... }

auto server = new Server();

server.Serve!(I)(new CI(), 8080); //proxy that object on port 8080
server.Serve!(J)({return new CJ;}, 8081); // create a objects to proxy on
port 8081

server.start();

//// client side

I i = new Proxy!(I)("somehost.net", 8080);
J j = new Proxy!(J)("somehost.net", 8081);