Taunting

Leandro Lucarella llucax at gmail.com
Fri May 22 06:55:07 PDT 2009

grauzone, el 22 de mayo a las 15:41 me escribiste:
> Saaa wrote:
> >>How about posting a link to something everyone can play? Like an actual video file?
> >>
> >>Thank you.
> >Isn't youtube a video upload site with an inbuilt player?
>
> Yes, but it requires Flash and an unholy amount of AJAX.
> No one can be bothered with installing Flash and having a JavaScript enabled browser, when something like mplayer would be enough. Especially if the
> media player works _much_better_.
>
> >download youtube video
>
> Can't see a download button anywhere on YouTube. Obviously, Google forces users to install Flash.

FYI, there are several programs that can "extract" videos from video
uploading websites. These are the ones I found packed for Debian:

clive - video extraction utility for YouTube, Google Video and others
metacafe-dl - download videos from metacafe.com
nicovideo-dl - Download videos from www.nicovideo.jp
youtube-dl - download videos from youtube.com

You probably need a flash video player, though (mplayer can play flash
videos).