dmd 1.045 / 2.030 release

Robert Clipsham robert at octarineparrot.com
Fri May 22 16:56:55 PDT 2009

Robert Clipsham wrote:
> Christopher Wright wrote:
>> If dmd had public source control, we could set up continuous
>> integration for it that will, for instance, run dstress and attempt to
>> compile the latest release of various common libraries. Then Walter
>> can just check its results when he wants to do a release -- depending
>> on how long that takes to run.
>
> This is already done (to an extent) for ldc after each changeset at
> http://ldc.buildbot.octarineparrot.com/ (note that this needs updating
> to llvm /trunk, hence all the failures currently).

As of a few days ago, DStress is now automatically run for LDC, and
developers get (almost, it's generally about 30 minutes off) immediate
feedback on IRC about any regressions or improvements!

Now that it's set up for ldc, it would be very easy to set it up for dmd
if Walter is willing to put it under version control.