OT: Flash and Javascript (Was: Taunting)

Ary Borenszweig ary at esperanto.org.ar
Sat May 23 13:32:31 PDT 2009

BCS escribió:
> Hello Nick,
>
>> what they can do is additionally provide a
>> non-youtube/flash version. Which should be really [censored] easy since
>> they had to have already had one in order to upload it to craptube in
>> the first place.
>
> If they can, yes, but they might not have access to general file hosting
> or if they do, the bandwidth to steam video.

Note: this is a general response to this thread, not to anyone in
particular.

I upload it to youtube because it works. It's permanent. People can
comment it. People can rate it. I can see how many people see it. And I
can add a title and a description to it, plus it's linked with my
profile and my other videos.

And I don't think YouTube sucks. I don't have problems with Flash or
Javascript either.

Come on, it's not 1990 anymore. "web pages were designed to show texts
and links".

"No one can be bothered with installing Flash and having a JavaScript
enabled browser". Why not? It takes less than a minute to install Flash.
  It takes *not unchecking* a checkbox to get Javascript working in most
browsers. What's the big deal everyone have with Javascript?

(I recall someone said, about Javascript, that people use
"javascript:openWindow" instead of a link. I think that's bad in some
cases. But what else is bad with Javascript?)