OT: Flash and Javascript (Was: Taunting)

grauzone none at example.net
Sun May 24 12:23:14 PDT 2009

Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> "Nick Sabalausky" <a at a.a> wrote in message
> news:gvc4kc$29bd$1 at digitalmars.com...
>> And, (and here's the real clincher), since I obviously can't enforce
>> proper design on the web, the one thing I *can* do is just simply disable
>> that shit. So I do. And as you can already tell, I'm far from the only
>> one.

Definitely not. That led to the creation of Firefox extensions like
NoScript. NoScript is one of the most popular extensions, along Adblock
and (like I just found out) Video DownloadHelper to download videos from
sites like YouTube.

> Oh, yea, and *I'm* the one who catches flack for that, instead of the people
> that are actually making those garbage designs in the first place, just
> because *I'm* not complacent enough to roll over and take it like all the
> rest of the good little drones.

I guess many designers aren't really aware about how annoying those
additional features are. They get obsessed over what is possible, and do
stuff because they can. They should learn why there's this proverb "less
is more"!

> Which of course lead me to another thing...this modern society of "anyone
> who complains about anything is just simply being a problem", *grumble*
> *grumble*...

*grumble* *grumble*