OT: Flash and Javascript (Was: Taunting)

grauzone none at example.net
Sun May 24 13:46:46 PDT 2009

> Adblock is essential. Most ads have gotten so completely out-of-hand, I
> seriously wouldn't even be using the web anymore if it weren't for Adblock.

Definitely. It's also useful for blocking other obnoxious stuff like
emoticons or avatars in those phpBB forums.

> IIRC, I think NoScript does let you do site-by-site, right? I just hope it
> plays nice with QuickJava though, (or contains QuickJava-style

Yes, disabling site-by-site is a major feature of NoScript. NoScript
places an icon on the status bar. Clicking that icon will show a pop up
menu, where you can choose which scripts to enable (by site), and if you
want to do it permanently. I don't know how it plays with QuickJava,
Java applets, or Flash.

My only concern with NoScript is, enabling a site reloads all tabs
containing a script from that site. Oh, and by default, it shows some
sort of GUI animation when loading a site with blocked scripts. But you
can disable it.