ldc 0.9.1 released

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Wed May 27 17:48:31 PDT 2009

Frits van Bommel:

Thanks for your answers (and your work).

> That's trickier to get right, because the optimizer would have to look ahead to
> see the new memset call is always followed by the initialization, with no reads
> in between.

I understand, and that may be more complex to do if the code is multi-thread. It's not a very important optimization, because most times the initialization time is a small percentage of the time spent to process the array. But it may deserve to receive a look as a medium-low-priority optimization anyway.

Bye,
bearophile