OT: Flash and Javascript (Was: Taunting)

Alexander Pánek alexander.panek at brainsware.org
Fri May 29 02:50:43 PDT 2009

Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> "Alexander P�nek" <alexander.panek at brainsware.org> wrote in message
> news:gvm3qh$1ld9$1 at digitalmars.com...
>> grauzone wrote:

>>> Yeah, I read that. I want to smash him to pieces.
>> Why? I don't get it. Why is there so much hate and anger about it in the
>> air? Srsly, this whole topic is just completely overrated. It's just the
>> internet. ffs man.
>
> Because they're like pop-up windows, except they actually manage to be
> worse. Unlike traditional pop-ups, which are already bad enough:
> - They're modal

Modal windows are modal, yes. That is certainly true.

> - They aren't blocked by pop-up blocking software

Because they are not pop-ups. They don’t open a seperate native window
on your desktop or tab in your browser. They’re contained. No need to
block that.

> - They sometimes include completely useless, interface-delaying animations.

Your point being? Sometimes technologies are used for completely useless
crap. True. Does that make every technology bad?

I understand that all the modal windows used for displaying
advertisement are annoying as hell, yes. But that doesn’t make modal
windows as described in this article in any way bad. Have you actually
read anything there? Have you looked at some of the examples?