dmd 1.051 and 2.036 release

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 00:50:04 PST 2009

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 11:20 PM, Walter Bright
<newshound1 at digitalmars.com> wrote:
> Sorry, still no Mac OSX 10.6
>
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/1.0/changelog.html
> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.051.zip
>

> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/changelog.html
> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.2.036.zip
>
> Many thanks to the numerous people who contributed to this update.

I don't see it mentioned anywhere that -X doesn't crash anymore.  Was
there a bug number for that?

Also, I thought -X was going to include ddoc comments for elements,
but it doesn't look like it does.
Adding it would be good for the simple IDEs it's supposed to support,
so that they can pop up the ddoc description along with the suggested
completions. (VisualAssist does this for instance)

It would also allow people to build external documentation generators
by parsing the JSON file instead of the D source.

--bb