Metaprogramming in D : Some Real-world Examples

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 16:27:20 PST 2009

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 4:09 PM, Walter Bright
<newshound1 at digitalmars.com> wrote:
> Looks like Bill Baxter is giving a presentation on D Nov. 18!
>
> http://www.nwcpp.org/

Yep, that's right, and I'd be quite grateful to you smart folks here
if you could share your meta-programming favorites with me!   If
you've got a real-world example of meta-programming in D that you
think is particularly handy, then please send it my way

I'm looking for small-but-useful things that are easy to explain, and
make something easier than it would be otherwise.  Things like places
where static if can save your butt,  or loop unrolling,  and passing
code snippets to functions like in std.algorithm.

Things like a compile-time raytracer or regexp parser (though quite
cool!) are not what I'm after.  Too involved for a short talk.

--bb