Code Poet, an IDE for D

Jeremie Pelletier jeremiep at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 06:15:09 PST 2009

Denis Koroskin wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 06:22:42 +0300, Jeremie Pelletier
> <jeremiep at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> It's been some time since I last posted to this newsgroup, I've been
>> quite busy these past weeks!
>>
>> Among other things, I started writing an IDE for D from scratch and
>> opened a SourceForge project for it a few minutes ago, I'll also open
>> a dsource project to link to the sf one in the following days.
>>
>> At first I tried to code it in D using wxD but soon found out the
>> limitations of these bindings, then I tried to write my own wxWidgets
>> bindings which worked great until i realized I was leaking memory like
>> hell
>
> Try to integrate C++ DMD front-end into your IDE, and it will leak a lot
> more.

If I detect any leaks with DMD I'll just make it use boost's shared_ptr,
then bye bye leaks!

The debug runtime library that comes with visual studio already detects
memory leaks and allows me to put breakpoints on them to see the call
stack and local variable values of the leaked allocation.

Its pretty easy to keep memory leaks around none with that, even if C++
requires more careful programming than D does, more destructor work than
D also.

Jeremie