dmd 1.052 for Mac OSX 10.6

Denis Koroskin 2korden at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 01:59:43 PST 2009

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 07:07:21 +0300, Walter Bright
<newshound1 at digitalmars.com> wrote:

> An update just to support Mac OSX 10.6. That also means the end of the
> line for official support of 10.5 and earlier.
>
> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.051.zip

Isn't there any way to support both platforms?

Looking at the changes, I think it's even possible to add a new DMD flag
(e.g. "-osx=10.5", defaults to 10.6) and keep an older behavior on demand.

Alternatively, you could wrap the changes you made into #ifdef OSX_10_6
... #else ... #endif so that users could compile DMD with older Macs
support from source. DMD would then be distributed with 2 binaries, e.g.
dmd_10.6 and dmd_10.5 and dmd would be an alias/symlink to either of them
(depending on the target platform).