dmd 1.052 for Mac OSX 10.6

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Fri Nov 13 07:48:03 PST 2009

On 2009-11-13 01:52:07 -0500, Walter Bright <newshound1 at digitalmars.com> said:

> Anders Bergh wrote:
>> No, but you'll need to use the 10.4 SDK (it's optional when you
>> install Xcode though). Same problem as last time, between 10.4 and
>> 10.5. But any binaries you compile for 10.4 should work on 10.6 as
>> well.
>
> I did have the 10.4 SDK installed, but apparently the upgrade deleted
> it because the makefiles that referred to it all broke.

Yeah, it does so. Unless you check the "Mac OS X 10.4 Support"
subpackage, which is unchecked by default, in the custom installation
panel of the Xcode installer.

Also, you can keep your old installations of Xcode on 10.6. I have
Xcode 2.5 from Tiger, 3.0 and 3.1 from Leopard, and 3.2 from Snow
Leopard running all side by side just fine on my computer. This
includes both the IDE and the command line utilities. Even the old
compilers and linkers work fine. Before installing a new version, I
just rename the old "/Developer" folder to something else so the new
one won't override it. It is documented to work in the Read Me file
accompanying Xcode, and it does indeed work fine.

--
Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://michelf.com/