Code Poet with DWT ?

Jeremie Pelletier jeremiep at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 15:24:30 PST 2009

John wrote:
> Hi Jeremie, just curious, have you measured the effort to use DWT
> instead of wxWidgets for Code Poet ?

More or less, I wasn't aware of any DWT for D2 at the time and I'd
rather use C++ with boost than D1, just a matter of personal preference
(D2 > C++ w/ boost > D1 > C++ w/o boost.)

A GUI application is much easier to develop with an IDE with debugging
capabilities like VisualStudio. And using precompiled headers drops the
compile times close to what dmd would do.

The goal of the IDE is not to show off what can be done with D, but to
make it possible.

Jeremie