DMD svn and contract inheritance

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 2 14:37:14 PDT 2009

Walter Bright wrote:
> Stewart Gordon wrote:
>> I'm still none the wiser about why it absolutely has to be done like
>> this instead of the simpler solution I proposed years ago.
>
> Can you refresh my memory?

Seems straightforward to find to me, but here it is:

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/31595.html

> (The nested function approach is fairly simple in terms of lines of code
> to implement.)

I can imagine how it works now.  Essentially it's a function that can
act as a nested function to the function for which it is originally
defined or any override of it, which works since a nested function is
really just a function with a pointer to the outer function's stack
frame as a parameter.  Correct?

BTW I just rediscovered this old thread

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/9775.html

which is making me think we probably ought to enable contracts on
bodyless functions some time.

Stewart.