DMD svn and contract inheritance

Leandro Lucarella llucax at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 17:40:55 PDT 2009

Andrei Alexandrescu, el  5 de octubre a las 19:17 me escribiste:
> Jason House wrote:
> >Walter Bright Wrote:

> >>The problem is if some package fails, then I have a large debugging
> >> problem trying to figure out unfamiliar code.
> >
> >With small commits to dmd, it should be trivial to know what small
> >change in dmd caused a user observable change in behavior. If things
> >look good on the dmd side, I'd really hope the code authors would
> >help with debugging their code.
> >
> >Knowing of a failure within an hour is way better than finding out a
> >month later.
> >
> >BTW, such regression tests work much better when all failing tests
> >can be identified. It can help with figuring out patterns. Stopping
> >on the first failure can be somewhat limiting, especially if the
> >failure will stick around for a week.
>
> We clearly can't define the language around a best-effort kind of
> flow analysis. I consider Walter's extra checks during optimization
> a nice perk, but definitely not something we can consider a part of
> the language. The language definition must work without those.

I guess you answered to the wrong mail, Jason is talking about Robert's
offering to set up a build/test bot for DMD, to build and test each
commit, using dstress and maybe other popular libraries/programs.

--
Leandro Lucarella (AKA luca)                      http://llucax.com.ar/
When I was a child I had a fever