DMD svn and contract inheritance

Don nospam at nospam.com
Tue Oct 6 00:54:01 PDT 2009

Robert Clipsham wrote:
> Leandro Lucarella wrote:
>> Thanks for finally taking this way, Walter =)
>>
>> http://www.dsource.org/projects/dmd/timeline
>
> Now that DMD is under version control it should be fairly easy for me to
> adapt the automated build system used for ldc for dmd. I can set it up
> to automatically build dmd after a commit, and run dstress/build popular
> projects and libraries, even package up dmd for "Nightly" builds and
> maybe even post the results to the D newsgroups/IRC channels.
>
> If you'd be interested to see this Walter, let me know what exactly you
> want automating/how and where you want results and I'll see about
> setting it up for you.

I think that'd be fantastic. It'd be helpful if you could at least get
dstress to run after the main releases. The dstress test page from LDC
doesn't seem to operate any more.

http://www.incasoftware.de/~kamm/ldc/tests/index.html

I'd really like to see the results for the latest DMD, almost all of the
  "ERROR" (segfault/ICE) bugs should be fixed now.

Walter doesn't necessarily ever have to look at it, but it'd be good as
a pre-release check.

There are quite a few incorrect dstress tests. I've been making tickets
for them as I find them.