another d demoscene entry

Jeremie Pelletier jeremiep at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 20:35:32 PDT 2009

#ponce wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We won another demo compo with a D entry (at MAIN demoparty)
> http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=53942
>
> We tried to make a bigger and more impressive entry this time. Note that it's a french party so it's not Breakpoint.
>
> D clearly allowed us to be more productive without a demotool. Still, mature demotools are one order of magnitude more productive (and awfully long to make). To be honest i don't expect demosceners to switch so easily from C++ but it could encourage some newcomers (like us) with a small code base.
>
> I just released the source (again under WTFPL).
> http://adinpsz.org/data/az-02_-_Extatique_src.zip

Loved it, ran smoothly in 1920x1200 on my laptop! That was some trippy
graphics, very nice shader effects too, and the animations were so
fluid. It made me remember my college days.. :D

I'm definitely gonna dig into the source, the code doesn't look too
complex from the few files I read so far and I might learn a few things.

How about a Beatles medley demo next time?

In any ways, great job!

Jeremie