dmd 1.050 and 2.035 release

digited digited at yandex.ru
Thu Oct 15 01:17:41 PDT 2009

zsxxsz Wrote:

> I don't think so. If there are some important bugs fixed, the new release is
> necessary without caring about the release date. With dmd.2.034, I don't event
> compile druntime.

So you don't mind that Tango is still uncompilable with 1.050 because of hurrying, for third release in a row?
There must be an easy compiling of DMD from source, and you can get your own version from SVN trunk with a fresh bugfix you need.

But a release must generally be stable and should not break the code of main D projects (or give them time to change the projects' code and fix DMD bugs), there's a point in nighly builds, but not weekly releases that keep breaking the code.