The Thermopylae excerpt of TDPL available online

Saaa empty at needmail.com
Thu Oct 29 09:21:05 PDT 2009

Andrei Alexandrescu wrote
> It's a rough rough draft, but one for the full chapter on arrays,
> associative arrays, and strings.
>
> http://erdani.com/d/thermopylae.pdf
>
> Any feedback is welcome. Thanks!
>

> Andrei

Makes me want to read the rest!

Will we get the electronic version with the paper version?

p2. typo: eenlists
p9. Is it ok to expect the order of an array expression to be like in
foreach ?
      Maybe mention a[] = b.
p11. typo: no(t) palindrome
p12. Should in a safe module "~=" always create a new array?
p14. further expansions reads as if expansions have been made
        especially because the comment is maybe that obvious that I was
looking for something else to be there.
p16. Is there anything other than the random values, unsafe about void
assignment?
        When you write something to be unsafe, I expect it to not be allowed
safe modules.
p18. What is unsafe about implicit conversion of static to dynamic array?
        Meaning getting a dynamic array pointing to a stack allocated array.
        Any operation changing its size could copy the array to the heap.
What am I missing
p20. An alternative to figure 4.5 could display row/column properties.
p20. change 1,000,000 to 1_000_000 :D to me the comma is a decimal separator
anyways.
p20. 40 words? <<<<
p21. Why use enum iso immutable? Probably in the previous chapters explained
:)
p21. Second paragraph reads as a solution to the above
p22. typo: array!literal
p25. Expected to read about ref in foreach

That's all :)