The Thermopylae excerpt of TDPL available online

Robert Jacques sandford at jhu.edu
Thu Oct 29 10:49:13 PDT 2009

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 00:38:33 -0400, Andrei Alexandrescu

> It's a rough rough draft, but one for the full chapter on arrays,
> associative arrays, and strings.
>
> http://erdani.com/d/thermopylae.pdf
>
> Any feedback is welcome. Thanks!
>

> Andrei

Still reading, but here's a quick comment. I found it odd that the syntax
for element-wise copying (4.1.7) comes sections after the section on
copying (4.1.4). Perhaps a sentence mentioning where element-wise copying
can be found would be appropriate. (Props though on including a memory
layout figure. It may not seem like much, but I've seen Java students have
no idea what an array is in memory.)