dmd 1.047 and 2.032 releases

Leandro Lucarella llucax at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 08:00:48 PDT 2009

Walter Bright, el  3 de septiembre a las 01:16 me escribiste:
> This will probably be the last OSX 10.5 release, the next should be 10.6.
>
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/1.0/changelog.html
> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.047.zip
>

> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/changelog.html
> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.2.032.zip
>
> Many thanks to the numerous people who contributed to this update.

These are a very good release, thanks for your work.

Aren't the new CTFE capabilities new features? It's ok to fold them in
DMD1? This is a change to the specs too (unless is considered
a non-standard DMD extension to D1).

I just wonder where the line is drawn to fold changes into D1.

Don't get me wrong, as I stated before, I'm really glad D1 get some new
features/improvements, I just think the changes should be a little more
tested before hit D1 (and new aditions to D1 should be more planned, for
example, leaving them in D2 for a few releases only, so you can get real
feedback from users before puting them in D1, and having some version
scheme to indicate when new features are added).