dmd 1.047 and 2.032 releases

Don nospam at nospam.com
Thu Sep 3 08:30:59 PDT 2009

Leandro Lucarella wrote:
> Walter Bright, el  3 de septiembre a las 01:16 me escribiste:
>> This will probably be the last OSX 10.5 release, the next should be 10.6.
>>
>> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/1.0/changelog.html
>> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.047.zip
>>

>> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/changelog.html
>> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.2.032.zip
>>
>> Many thanks to the numerous people who contributed to this update.
>
> These are a very good release, thanks for your work.
>
> Aren't the new CTFE capabilities new features?

They're basically bug fixes. All that stuff should have worked. There
are several other bugs which cannot be fixed without them.
For example, bug 1461 couldn't be fixed without allowing nested functions.
Bug 1950 couldn't be fixed without implementing almost everything
required for member functions.

Some bugs are so crippling that when they're fixed, it's pretty much a
new feature.

> Don't get me wrong, as I stated before, I'm really glad D1 get some new
> features/improvements, I just think the changes should be a little more
> tested before hit D1 (and new aditions to D1 should be more planned, for
> example, leaving them in D2 for a few releases only, so you can get real
> feedback from users before puting them in D1, and having some version
> scheme to indicate when new features are added).

I believe you will find the new CTFE very stable. In implementing the
improvements, many structural problems were fixed. It turns out to be a
very effective way of diagnosing bugs.