dmd 1.047 and 2.032 releases

Don nospam at nospam.com
Mon Sep 7 00:29:25 PDT 2009

Walter Bright wrote:
> Don wrote:
>> Oh. And the D1 spec doesn't disallow inline asm in CTFE.
>> But CTFE asm is Not Going To Happen. <g>
>
> I think that eventually we can get all of SafeD to work in CTFE, but
> inline asm isn't part of SafeD!

SafeD doesn't appear to be properly defined in the spec. And certainly
not mentioned in the CTFE section. Maybe it should be. Of course, very
little of SafeD is currently implemented. Should Bartosz' article be
taken as authoritative? (eg, he says 'union' is not permitted in SafeD,
so CTFE should probably ban it).