dmd 1.047 and 2.032 releases

Robert Clipsham robert at octarineparrot.com
Mon Sep 7 18:15:54 PDT 2009

Jason House wrote:
> Robert Clipsham Wrote:
>
>> You can tell it's a good release when you have to do more than a simple
>> merge to get it working with ldc ;)
>>
>> I've pretty much finished merging dmd 2.032 into ldc,  ...
>
> Does this mean an official D2 LDC will be coming out shortly?

Unlikely, sorry. LDC 2 is in a very early alpha state. Currently a
custom version of druntime compiles (a patch has been submitted), how
much of it functions correctly remains to be seen. Anything using the GC
doesn't work as some of the GC code segfaults, and about 90% of phobos
doesn't compile. How soon LDC 2 appears will more than likely depend on
if anyone else takes an interest in developing it, I don't have enough
time to really dig into it and make it a fully functioning D2 compiler
unfortunately.