Crash handler with stack trace

Jeremie Pelletier jeremiep at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 08:15:15 PDT 2009

Vladimir Panteleev Wrote:

> On Sun, 20 Sep 2009 08:25:30 +0300, Jeremie Pelletier <jeremiep at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >> I'm curious about the runtime project of yours :o Can you shed a bit of
> >> the secret? How will it compare to druntime? What's the target audience?
> >> Does it have anything to do with 'meshes and textures'? ;)
> >
> > [snip]
>
> This is cool stuff. I'd be very interested in finding out how you handled
> memory management / garbage collection. Or have you used the standard GC
> that comes with Phobos/Tango?

I forked the original D1 gc and rewrote it almost entirely. I made numerous speed improvements over it, such as greatly reducing the number of pool lookups, smarter alloc/realloc algorithms, removed the 'freebits' and 'scan' bitfields from pools and rewrote the garbage collector to only use the 'mark' one, I also merged the sweep and freelist rebuild phases together to save on the overhead of yet another loop over the entire working set, also added support for the gc to free memory pools if they're entirely free.

I have it on pastebin if you want to take a look:
http://pastebin.com/f7a3b4c4a

Jeremie