dstats beta?

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 20 08:44:09 PDT 2009

I'm thinking that my dstats library should "officially" be declared beta.
dstats is a library of statistics functions in native D2 code with a native D2
api, and thus allows statistical calculations to be easily integrated into
larger programs that require a general-purpose language.  It is located at
http://www.dsource.org/projects/dstats/wiki/WikiStart .

Development on the library has slowed in the past few months, mostly because I
can't think of any more new features to add.  I'd like to get some feedback
from other people who use statistics regularly.  Is there any important killer
feature that I missed, or anything that you really dislike the design of?

I'm thinking that I'd like to have a usable, well-documented beta of this
thing by the time D2 goes gold, as it might be a nice project to demonstrate
how powerful D's metaprogramming facilities are, in that they allow for a very
specialized library with a clean API to be written in a general-purpose
language.  If noone has any suggestions for major features or redesign, I'll
start cleaning up the docs and improving a few of the unittests to get dstats
ready for prime time.