Crash handler with stack trace

Jeremie Pelletier jeremiep at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 12:04:27 PDT 2009

Denis Koroskin wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 20:03:47 +0400, Jarrett Billingsley
> <jarrett.billingsley at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 11:58 AM, bearophile
>> <bearophileHUGS at lycos.com> wrote:
>>> Leandro Lucarella:

>>> Blaze is a program that simulates 2D physics written in D.
>>> http://www.dsource.org/projects/blaze
>>> It's an engine, but it comes with an extensive demo that is and can
>>> be used as benchmark. So I think it can be used for your purposes
>>> (but I don't know how many memory allocations it performs).
>>
>> It performs *way too fucking many*. ;) Which, I suppose, would make it
>> a good GC benchmark.
>
> A game engine that does *any* allocations per frame?
> My employee would kill me for writing something like that!

You have no idea how many professional game companies write sloppy code,
they're not all over-optimizing code zealots like Carmack :)

EA is notoriously good for that, but they do spend 3x as much on
marketing as they do on development so go figure. Their games run way
slower at medium settings than games by, say Blizzard, would at high
settings.