D for Xcode 1.2

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Fri Apr 2 12:23:48 PDT 2010

Replying from the newsgroup, I have know idea how it will work, Thunderbird refuses to show this message for some reason.

Michel Fortin Wrote:

> On 2010-04-02 04:40:11 -0400, Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> said:
>
> > I had no idea that DMD2 supported the -noboundscheck flag.
>
> It's quite new, it disables bound checking in @safe function (safe
> functions normally keep bound checks in release mode).

Ok

> >> It's not really gone. You can add a build rule in each target specifying
> >> GDC as the compiler for D source files. I would like to have a better
> >> solution, but right now I don't.
> >>
> >> Ideally, there would be a build setting for choosing the default
> >> compiler, just like Xcode let you choose between GCC 4.0, GCC 4.2,
> >> GCC-LLVM and Clang. But I haven't been able to make something similar.
> >
> > If you ever implement this there could be separate options for DMD1 and DMD2.
>
> You can also choose between DMD1 and DMD2 by creating a per-target
> custom build rule (if you have both versions installed). But I agree
> it'd make more sense to have this as a build setting similar to how you
> can choose your C/C++/Objective-C compiler.
>

> > I was referring to Interface Builder recognizing D files with the
> > IBOutlet and IBAction templates. I was thinking that since you already
> > have an XCode plugin and if you could access the mentioned methods it
> > could be easier using the first option. But as a long term solution the
> > second option would be the preferred one.
>
> Note that you don't really need IB integration to use actions and
> outlet in IB: you can create a class definition directly in IB and add
> your actions and outlets manually. Obviously, IB will think it's
> Objective-C, so your action names will have a colon suffix.

I know I can add actions, classes and outlets manually but the goal here, that I had in mind, was to make it automatically. I just want to have it as perfect as possible :)

> More importantly it's not automated. Generating Objective-C files and
> making them visible to IB can't be made to be easy to use in my
> opinion, but you should be able to write a script with a regular
> expression to do that and integrate it into your build process if you
> want.

That's an option.