dmd 1.058 and 2.043 release

BCS none at anon.com
Fri Apr 9 16:22:04 PDT 2010

Hello Robert,

> No need for a huge module, or module names mismatching file names:
> ----
> module foo;
> version (linux) import foo_linux;
> version (Windows) import foo_win;
> ----
> Sure it adds and extra file, it's a lot cleaner imo than having a huge
> module with both implementations or mismatching file/module names.

I don't think that works in one case; where you are forced to use fully qualified
name.

import foo;
import something.else;

bar(); // calls  something.else.bar;
foo.bar(); // IIRC this don't work

OTOH, you might be able to get around that with the following:

version (linux) { import foo_linux; alias foo_linux foo; }
version (Windows) { import foo_win; alias foo_win foo; }

(I haven't tested any of that because my systems are being shipped right
now.)

--
... <IXOYE><