Wormhol 1.0 released

#ponce aliloko.D3L3TE at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 08:35:41 PDT 2010

Eric Poggel Wrote:

> On 4/9/2010 1:03 PM, digited wrote:
> > (why SDL?)

Mostly, legacy :)

> I've been asking myself that same question.  I realized a few months ago
> the only thing in Yage I use it for is to create a window and get input,
> and it's kind of sucky at window creation--you can't have more than one
> and switcing to/from fullscreen is buggy.
>
> NeHe's first tutorials already have code for window creation/input
> handling on Win/Linux/Mac, so that will probably what I go to.

Absolutely. Also it seems like SDL 1.3 will never be released... I would look at dog for clever window and OpenGL context creation. The inability to create 3.x OpenGL context in SDL 1.2 will become a blocker very soon.

However, SDL 1.2 lower the bar for someday porting to Mac/Linux and does its job. The fullscreen <=> windowed thing is probably related to the OpenGL context recreation, maybe it work with pure SDL graphics.