Visual D released

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 08:24:24 PDT 2010

Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 04/18/2010 12:45 PM, Rainer Schuetze wrote:

> This is a major contribution, and it comes right in time. There's been
> talk about a VS add-on for years. Thanks, Rainer!

FYI, I posted about this announcement on my blog (The One With D) and
someone submitted the post to Reddit. Several of my D blog posts have
been submitted to Reddit before, but none have had the sort of response
I'm seeing now. I just checked my stats on a whim and the post about
Visual D has the most single-day hits of any post in the 4 years I've
been running the blog. Every time I refresh the stats page the hit count
climbs higher.

And for the curious, the previous single-day hit champ was a repost of
h3r3tic's Hybrid GUI announcement
(http://dblog.aldacron.net/2008/05/21/hybrid-gui-beta/). The numbers for
Visual D are quickly pulling away from it.

And, I'm noticing some severe lag from the newsgroups. Which I assume is
  due to load related to the Reddit announcement. This project
definitely has some resonance.