Visual D released

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Mon Apr 19 21:59:49 PDT 2010

Very good hint!

You can use the (integrated) Visual Studio Shell, that is the IDE
stripped of any language support. Installing Visual D on top of it will
make it an IDE for D.

Here is a download link for VS Shell 2008:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=40646580-97FA-4698-B65F-620D4B4B1ED7&displaylang=en

The version I tried is the release candidate for VS Shell 2010:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=36023a58-2f85-4f7e-bd87-adac086e7ba6&displaylang=en

I've seen some issues with debugging in this version, but these were
also there with VS 2010 Professional.