Visual D released

Simen kjaeraas simen.kjaras at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 21:57:52 PDT 2010

Rainer Schuetze <r.sagitario at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'd like to announce the initial release of Visual D, a Visual Studio
> package providing both project management and language services for
> integration of the D programming language into Visual Studio.
[snip]
> Enjoy,
> Rainer

Thank you. I love this.

However, I cannot seem to make anything compile. (I'm using VS2010)

This is my build output (first run):
------ Build started: Project: D_Test, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
Building "Debug\D Test.exe"...
A subdirectory or file winmain.d already exists.
Error occurred while processing: winmain.d.
'f' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
'xit' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
'f' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

And second run:
------ Build started: Project: D_Test, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
Building "Debug\D Test.exe"...
A subdirectory or file -g already exists.
Error occurred while processing: -g.
A subdirectory or file -debug already exists.
Error occurred while processing: -debug.
A subdirectory or file -ofDebug\D already exists.
Error occurred while processing: -ofDebug\D.
A subdirectory or file Test.exe_cv already exists.
Error occurred while processing: Test.exe_cv.
A subdirectory or file -deps already exists.
Error occurred while processing: -deps.
A subdirectory or file Debug\D Test.dep already exists.
Error occurred while processing: Debug\D Test.dep.
A subdirectory or file -map already exists.
Error occurred while processing: -map.
A subdirectory or file Debug\D already exists.
Error occurred while processing: Debug\D.
A subdirectory or file Test.map already exists.
Error occurred while processing: Test.map.
A subdirectory or file -L/NOMAP already exists.
Error occurred while processing: -L/NOMAP.
A subdirectory or file winmain.d already exists.
Error occurred while processing: winmain.d.
'f' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
'xit' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
'f' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Especially "'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external
command, operable program or batch file." seems to me to indicate
improperly
escaped strings.

--
Simen