Masahiro Nakagawa and SHOO invited to join Phobos developers

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 30 06:07:06 PDT 2010

On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 09:02:32 -0400, Moritz Warning <moritzwarning at web.de>
wrote:

> have you thought about just asking the authors of the Tango code in
> question?
> I would imagine they would say that they only see a minor resemblance in
> the api and asking wouldn't even be necessary from their point of view.
>
> But since W/Phobos is very copyright sensitive, I'm sure they will give
> the permission.

At least one of the authors (John Chapman) is MIA.  Nobody can find him.
This was Walter's message:

"In order to avoid even the appearance of impropriety, there won't be any
submissions to Phobos that are based on Tango code, even simply Tango
interfaces, without the explicit permission of all authors of that code.

One of the major authors of the Tango time module, John Chapman, cannot be
located so until he is and agrees the proposed Phobos time module cannot
be accepted."

-Steve