Can we all please stop overreacting?

lurker abc at spamnet.com
Fri Apr 30 06:46:09 PDT 2010

So far I've been just lurking here, but these are my 5 cents.

I think the library situation is terrible. It's not for the good of D. We should just simple ditch Tango. It's D 1.0 only and always causing trouble. We absolutely need support from professionals and enterprises. D is growing fast. The need for attribution is just intolerable, we need brown tongue attitude to lure in the big money. Would a professional use BSD? I agree Boost has very high quality and they might not even notice/care if we "steal" from them.

I totally agree with the convincing arguments I found from the mailing list:

"Now I'm glad I never looked at Tango. I don't empathize with the
Tango fellows keeping their precious locked because it's very difficult
to frame that action as having D's community interest at heart. To be
frank their whole motivation looks petty and political to the extreme,
particularly because it's not a rocket science library."

"I think for practical reasons we should simply stay away from Tango.
We'd be wasting time otherwise. It's not like they discovered the cure
for cancer."