Masahiro Nakagawa and SHOO invited to join Phobos developers

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Fri Apr 30 08:12:53 PDT 2010

On 04/30/2010 08:55 AM, Moritz Warning wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 09:07:06 -0400, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 09:02:32 -0400, Moritz Warning
>> <moritzwarning at web.de>  wrote:
>>
>>> have you thought about just asking the authors of the Tango code in
>>> question?
>>> I would imagine they would say that they only see a minor resemblance
>>> in the api and asking wouldn't even be necessary from their point of
>>> view.
>>>
>> One of the major authors of the Tango time module, John Chapman, cannot
>> be located so until he is and agrees the proposed Phobos time module
>> cannot be accepted."
>>
>> -Steve
>
> Well, then let's point this out (we need to contact JC, that's the
> problem at heart).
> All the blaming doesn't help anyone.

Moritz, I think there is a misunderstanding somewhere.

Following SHOO's request to add his date/time to Phobos, Walter received
a phone call at home from a Tango representative. The representative
stated that the Tango team (of which five people worked on the date/time
code) finds that code infringing upon their license, which would make
Phobos infringing if it accepted said code.

Andrei