Can we all please stop overreacting?

FeepingCreature default_357-line at yahoo.de
Fri Apr 30 08:28:30 PDT 2010

On 30.04.2010 17:22, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> I think, given the situation, that a phone call is bound to mean
> something.

Well .. what does it mean? I mean, what do you mean it means. Not saying what you mean is just mean.

>> Now, could we all please stop with the personal attacks and
>> demonisation of the "other side"?  This isn't a war, for Pete's
>> sake.
>
> You're making the situation look symmetrical. It isn't.

It is, in fact, asymmetrical; but in two different directions. In my experience, on average, Tango has higher quality of code whereas Phobos has more support from Phobos developers. The quality-of-code metric seems to be universally acknowledged - after all, druntime itself is a fork of tango core. "We think you suck, so we'll base our new standard library on your work. " I am starting to consider that accusations of arrogance contain a smitten of projection, maybe.

> Andrei

 --feep