Can we all please stop overreacting?

Don nospam at nospam.com
Fri Apr 30 12:25:22 PDT 2010

FeepingCreature wrote:

  The quality-of-code metric seems to be universally acknowledged -
after all, druntime itself is a fork of tango core.

"We think you suck, so we'll base our new standard library on your work. "

You seem to be unaware of the history, and this may be leading you to
misunderstand the situation.

Sean Kelly wrote Ares as a replacement for Phobos. Tango began as a
merger of Ares with Mango. "Tango core" is Ares. Druntime is also Ares.
The primary author has never changed, and it's an unbroken continuation
of development on a single code base. Ditto with tango.math, (which was
written by me, originally in a project called 'mathextra').