Interview with InformIT part 2/3

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Wed Aug 18 12:48:17 PDT 2010

On 08/18/2010 11:59 AM, bearophile wrote:
> Andrei Alexandrescu:
>> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/d2j8n/d_programming_language_interview_with_andrei/
>

> I will need time to digest this interesting second part of your
> interview, you say many complex things.
>
> In the meantime that Reddit thread is one of the worst I've seen on
> that usually interesting site. Some C++ programmers seem to hate D a
> lot. Each new programming language is built on different values.
> Maybe D2 is not targeted to most of the experienced C++ programmers.
> Maybe D2 is more fit for other kinds of programmers, after all. I
> don't know.

I'm not seeing much hatred in that thread, and in fact overall the
reception of D on reddit has improved enormously since e.g. six months ago.

There are of course those exhausting bullet points, which look like
reverse engineering of an argument starting from conclusion. That's
fine, and it seems like not many fell for it.

Andrei