Mago Debugger

Aldo Nunez aldoSkipallthisnunez1 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 10:45:04 PDT 2010

== Quote from Rainer Schuetze (r.sagitario at gmx.de)'s article
> Aldo Nunez wrote:
> > With respect to loading an executable as a project and having
a few
> > problems... Were you using Windows XP? I saw those things
happen on a
> > friend's Windows XP machine and VS 2005. I haven't been able
to debug on
> > that machine, and I haven't been able to figure it out by
reviewing the
> > code. I run Vista 64-bit.
> This boiled down to WideCharToMultiByte not accepting flag
> WC_ERR_INVALID_CHARS on anything below Vista. If I remove this
flag,
> debugging works well.
> Not being able to see class and struct members is a bit of a show
> stopper for now, but I've seen it's rather high on your priority
list.
> There are a few more quirks, I'll report them on dsource
tonight...
> Rainer

I'm working on my long term solution to testing on Windows XP:
setting up Windows 7 and the Windows XP Virtual PC image that it
brings. But thanks for figuring this out. I'll update the code.

Yeah, evaluating an expression like "record.member" isn't enough
when you're debugging. You also need to be able to see all the
members at once. I want to start working on that this week.

I'll also look into stdint.h and inttypes.h. I got mine from
somewhere else. Looking forward to some bug reports:)